“Body, Mind & Psyche are Identical.”
Almost a century ago Wilhelm Reich said that body-mind-psyche aren’t only interconnected, they are functionally identical.
The form of the body, the feelings, the thoughts, the attitudes, the behaviours, they all reflect each other and function in the same way.
Welcome to My Work
What is Body Psychotherapy?
Body Psychotherapy is different from other psychotherapies, because it reaches places that other psychotherapies don’t.
- It is particularly good for people who would like to be more in touch with their bodies.
- Those who suffer the consequences of early trauma where there aren’t any explicit memories.
- Those who find it difficult to express their feelings in words.
- Body Psychotherapy can address difficulties at a level that is not accessible through words, it can easily access pre-verbal and otherwise deeply unconscious material.
- Those who would like to feel more alive.
- Body psychotherapy takes the notion seriously that body and mind are not two different things but the same. It embeds the understanding of symptoms in a truly holistic way and treats the whole person not just a problem.
- Clients feel seen in their totality.
- Most clients like to address difficulties on several levels at once (body, emotion, mind and spirit)
- Body Psychotherapists are well trained in psychotherapy and are more versatile in their technical approaches.